Understanding the role of the store in omni-channel retailing.
A recent research reveals there’s a significant disparity between customers’ expectations and retailers ability to match them. How can they close the gap?
- 30% don’t want to wait no longer than 2 mins to check on product availability.
- 78% of customers would consider not using a retailer again if a delivery was late or incomplete three times.
- 30% would abandon their in-store purchase or visit another website if a product is unavailable.
- 20% of retailers are using digitised systems that are updated in real-time.
- Only 36% of retailers have achieved a single view of inventory.
How to match customer demands?End-to-end visibility
A Supply Chain Visibility software will give retailers a clear overview of the entire fulfilment process. It will enable them to bridge the silos and take informed decisions in case of problem, ensuring on-shelf availability and order fulfilment at all times.Single view of inventory
An in-store execution solution will offer a single and real-time view of inventory and at the same time arm store staff with the necessary information to answer customers’ demands.Technology investment
The combination of mobile technology and in-store task management tools will improve fulfilment and minimize out of stock events.
*The study, undertaken by Sapio Research on behalf of Zetes and in association with Zebra Technologies, surveyed senior executives in over 200 top retailers and 2,200 customers in Europe.