Respect for privacy is a fundamental value for ZETES. In an increasingly digital environment, ZETES collects and processes certain personal data (“Personal Data”) so that we can deliver the services you expect from us. We are committed to processing and protecting your personal information in strict accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (the “GDPR”), its implementing national laws and any other applicable data protection laws (collectively the “applicable laws”).
This Data Protection Notice explains how ZETES collects and processes your Personal Data in order to respect the privacy of users of our websites (the “Websites”).
1 Who will collect and/or process your Personal Data?
The Data Controller of your Personal Data is the following legal entity and its subsidiaries:
ZETES INDUSTRIES sa/nv (“ZETES”)
Da Vinci Science Park
Rue de Strasbourg 3
1130 Brussels, Belgium
2 What is Personal Data?
Personal data include any information about an individual who can be identified or identifiable. This may be the name, the physical or email address, the phone number, IP address, organization or function, the information we receive through our Websites or through our various communication channels.
3 For what purpose and on what legal basis are your Personal Data collected and processed?
We only process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
Use of ZETES Services
Your Personal Data may be processed by ZETES in order for us to:
- fulfil your requests with regards to the Services provided through our Websites, including processing any orders and managing any related transactions.
- respond to any requests for information on our products, services, vacancies
- register for an event or training
- receive an article or any other publication of ZETES.
Zetes also processes Personal Data as it may be necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or in order to take steps preparing such contract (e.g., providing you with a price quotation).
We also rely on our legitimate interests to process your Personal Data in order to provide our Services to you through our Websites.
Direct marketing purposes
If you are a customer of ZETES, or if there is a relevant and appropriate relationship between you and ZETES or you have been identified as a commercial prospect, we can, unless you object, use your personal data, based on our legitimate interest to contact you for direct marketing purposes or to inform you about our products and services.
4 What categories of Personal Data will be collected and/or processed?
ZETES may collect or process the following Personal:
- general identification and contact data (i.e., title, name, email, phone number, ...)
- payment data (i.e., credit card number, …)
- professional data (i.e., your company, job function and department …)
- any message communicated through our Websites (i.e. any comment accompanying your orders)
- technical data related to the use of the Websites. Some of our Websites only use strictly necessary cookies, which are necessary to ensure the functioning of this Website and cannot be turned off.
ZETES does not intentionally collect any sensitive personal data (“Sensitive Personal Data) via our Websites such as: information revealing racial or ethnic origin; political views; religious or philosophical beliefs; union membership; the processing of genetic or biometric data in order to uniquely identify an individual; health information; information about sexual life or sexual orientation of an individual; social security numbers or specific financial information.
The ZETES Websites are not intended for use by children. We understand the importance of protecting information related to individuals under 18 years of age, particularly in a digital environment, and we do not knowingly collect or process such information.
5 How we share, disclose and transfer Personal Data
ZETES will not share, sell, or otherwise transfer your Personal Data unless required by law or if you expressly authorize it.
However, your Personal Data can be made available, if necessary, to:
- our shareholders, our subsidiaries, entities of the ZETES Group, partners and / or co-organizers of events in order to achieve the above mentioned purposes;
- service providers and other contractors.
If these organisations are situated outside the EEA, they are subject to appropriate safeguards in order to comply with applicable laws. They are obliged to respect the confidential nature of your data and are handling personal data as instructed by ZETES.
6 Is ZETES using automated decision-making processes in relation to Personal Data?
7 How long will your Personal Data be stored?
We will store Personal Data only for the time necessary for its intended purposes and in accordance with applicable retention rules.
8 Security measures
ZETES has implemented adequate technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Data against destruction, loss, alteration, access or unauthorized processing.
ZETES also commits to limit the access to your Personal Data to those situations where the access is strictly necessary. Employees having access to such data have been informed of their obligations in terms of data protection. These security measures are regularly reviewed and updated to ensure an adequate level of protection.
9 What are your rights with regards to the processing of Personal Data by ZETES, and who can you contact?
You have the right to contact ZETES at any time for the following requests:
- Access, rectification or deletion of your Personal Data;
- Limitation of, or objection to, the processing or transfer of your Personal Data;
- Withdrawing your consent in what concerns the processing or transfer of your Personal Data based on consent (however, this will not affect the legality of earlier processing activities);
- Receiving your data for transmitting it to another controller ("right to portability");
- Introduction of a complaint to the supervisory authority.
Your contact person at ZETES for any further information is the Data Protection Officer:
ZETES INDUSTRIES sa/nv
Att: Data Protection Officer
Da Vinci Science Park
Rue de Strasbourg 3
1130 Brussels, Belgium
You will receive a response within the time limits set forth in the applicable laws
Grievances regarding the collection and/or processing of your Personal Data by Zetes can also be addressed to the Belgian Data Protection Authority at https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be.
10 Changes to our Data Protection Notice
We reserve the right to change this Data Protection Notice at any time, in order to comply with the requirements imposed by applicable laws. Your continued use of the Websites following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.