If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. Competitive base salary plus overtime and other standard benefits (PMI, Pension, Life Insurance etc).
About the Role
Due to continuous growth, we are now looking for a Software Support Analyst to join the team in providing software and some hardware support to our customers. Working from our Hurley office, outside of Maidenhead, you will provide telephone, email, remote diagnostics and occasional on-site support to our clients. This is a junior role where training will be provided to enable you to reach your potential.
- Provide 2nd level of technical support for all software solutions delivered by Zetes
- Ensure all released solutions are accompanied with appropriate release note and installation instructions
- Escalate important support issues in accordance with policy.
- Ensure all support calls are initially logged, followed up proactively and closed in line with agreed procedures.
- Working on the on call support rota ensuring 24/7 cover. Overtime pay will apply.
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Commissioning and testing of software / hardware
- Maintain good understanding of PC, RF, handheld, infrastructure and related technologies in order to provide ongoing technical support.
- Install and troubleshoot equipment on customers’ premises.
Training will be provided, however any of the below would give you an advantage.
- Ability to effectively manage and document all support related components of a project.
- Ability to prioritise work based on often-conflicting demands from customers and internal team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with many groups of people (with wide range of abilities and pressures).
- Ability to pick up and understand new software and hardware solutions.
- WMS and supply-chain knowledge
- Good Awareness of product offerings - Vocollect, Symbol, Intermec, LXE, Zebra, Printronix
- As some travel is involed, a full drivers licence and own car is essential
Once your training is complete, you will be expected to support solutions that has been developed using a number of technologies, including:
- Visual C++ 6.0 / MFC / ATL
- C / C++ (network / communications software)
- SQL Server
- Cloud-based solutions
- Powershell scripts and command files
In return for your commitment, we have an excellent benefits package
- 25 days holiday, pension, private medical insurance, on-site gym, canteen, dry cleaning, car valet service etc
- Part of a great close-working team
- Free on-site parking