Zetes are seeking, within our Collaborative Supply Chain Solutions Team a Business Consultant to assist our Customers to reform their Supply Chain operations and support their business by providing intuitive guidance and a trusted advisory approach.
The Business Consultant is a customer-focused technical professional who provides detailed support and guidance to customers and prospects. The BC collaborates with sales, partners and customers and is looked to as an expert in her/his field.
The successful candidate will be required to work closely with direct sales on large and complex accounts in order to establish requirements and educate prospective customers. The role includes conference calls, site visits, presentations, technical evaluations, technical objection handling, consulting & follow up on all customer related issues. The BC (Business Consultant) is a consultant who designs, develops and delivers technical & functional solutions to business requirements.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Meet with Customers when needed and perform an initial assessment of the Customer’s environment and Supply Chain.
- Review potential Solutions opportunities based on the initial Commercial qualification to ensure that the Zetes Solution Set is fit for purpose and the opportunity is viable.
- Collect information about the client’s requirements through various methods.
- The Business Consultant will be the intermediary link between the Commercial team and the Business Solutions Group team in order to assist in the delivery of a potential project.
- The Business Consultant will be required to align with the Zetes Global Solutions strategy and will be required to travel and engage regularly with the Zetes European Business Consultants.
- The Business Consultant will continue to provide the Customer with guidance and information relating the Solution through-out the sales cycle.
- Live demonstrations of Solution functionality will be driven by the Business Consultant.
- The Business Consultant will be required to contribute to the Zetes Value Proposition by outlining the unique selling points of the proposed solution as well as associated licensing fees.
- Specializing in communicating product features and corresponding benefits as well as application of the product to a specific market and / or account.
- Working closely with customers in the design and implementation/integration of the packaging execution solution.
- Support existing customers in their technical requirements and services support.
- Deliver consulting expertise to improve a customer’s site or service
- Assist customers with planning, engineering and drafting technical requirements.
- Preparing, coordinating and conducting successful presentations and demos.
- Writing the scope of work for demos and field trials.
- Ensuring customer’s technical expectations meet the product’s capability.
- Providing the technical & functional sections in RFI/RFP/RFQs responses.
- Reviewing and providing content and polish to RFI/RFP/RFQ responses.
- Ensuring responses include network diagram applications, technical & functional benefit statements, and overall technical & functional accuracy.
- Providing business information about the solutions (post sales consultancy).
- Collecting and building competitive analysis and product comparison feedback.
- Providing feedback on market trends, customer requirements and market intelligence to the products managers and management.
- Ensuring proper reporting to the manager: weekly reports, detailed trip reports etc.
- Matric Certificate.
- Bachelor Degree in Commerce or IT or Engineering or demonstrated equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the manufacturing, retail or logistics markets as Presales and/or Product manager and/or Supply Chain practitioner with a focus on auto-ID or product marking/serialization or process execution.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Market related Basic Salary
- Medical Aid
- Provident Fund