Zetes is an innovative Identification Solutions and Supply Chain Technology company.
We work with 80% of the Top 500 Supply Chain organisation across EMEA, to unlock greater potential through agility, visibility and traceability in their connected supply chain, enabling faster and more accurate process execution with real-time insight and control.
Zetes is part of Panasonic Connect, operating as an independent subsidiary, and accelerating its global growth.
With +1,200 supply chain solutions professionals, we deliver our solutions from more than 30 offices in over 20 countries with an outstanding local service and support.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Business Solutions Group in South Africa (based in our Johannesburg Office).
We are looking to fulfil a position for a full stack software developer, a true team player who can lead a project team and represent our development practice with a high degree of autonomy and self-confidence.
Our development team forms part of the Business Solutions Group, a team responsible to consult, design, develop, integrate and manage mission critical applications in the supply chain of top tier organization (in Retail, Manufacturing, T&L), covering the entire spectrum of solutions within Zetes (web and mobile applications).
Software developers at Zetes work alongside the client’s IT team, in a true collaborative approach, with Zetes global Software Factory team together with project managers to provide recommendations and facilitate the delivery of our solutions.
We are looking for a person with a can-do attitude, fully invested in the team's daily work to ensure that the software delivered to the customers delivers on the business requirements, with the right level of quality, user experience and security.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Assist the Business Consultant with technical architecture and budgetary estimates.
- Lead the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Assist the business analyst in validation of functional specifications, and translate these into technical analysis and solution architecture
- Develop new applications and improvement/maintenance of existing applications
- Define work breakdown and guide team members in the delivery of their respective tasks
- Test applications to ensure that the desired outputs are met
- Compile all technical documentation to grow the knowledge base and ensure mainstream maintenance of the application
- Provide coaching, mentoring and technical support to colleagues and to the internal Customer Success Team during the handover to Service Level Agreement and Operational Level Agreement.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the Business Solutions Group, such as drafting new processes, documentation and templates, for use by BSG and other internal teams
Common traits of those successful in this role is a high interest in various technologies and a wide range of applications, eager to develop themselves as a leader and expert in automation and data capture technology (e.g. barcode scanning, RFID, machine vision, voice recognition, AMRs and co-bots, IoT, etc.).
Attention to details, integrity, a sharp analytical mind, creativity, self-motivated and the ability to engage and work with people across all levels in an organization are essential to succeed in this role.
Qualification & Experience
- A degree (Bachelor/Diploma) in IT, Computer science, Engineering or Software development or equivalent.
- Solid Transact-SQL experience (Stored procedures, views and triggers) preferably with SQL Server
- Proficient in REST API coding and testing (Postman,...) and data structures (JSON/XML)
- Network concepts: TCP/IP, SSL, HTTP, HTTPS, Wireless protocols (4/5G, WiFi, GPS, NFC, BLE ...), network topologies and schemes.
- Knowledge in source control (DevOps)
- Knowledge of Ms Azure is a plus
- Preferably relevant Experience in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business Administration or Information Systems
- Team player with good interpersonal skills; able to work within a team and with customers
- Strong analytical, mathematical and fault-finding skills – ability to correctly identify the problem and find a solution
- Business acumen – ability to understand the commercial importance of the data and application
- Innovative in finding solutions to problems
- Self-motivated. Able to deal with tough problems in a challenging environment without giving up
- Responsible/conscientious – ability to complete a task and understand the significance
- Integrity/honesty; you will be working with confidential information
- Must be able to work under pressure – Applications are generally mission critical, requiring rapid response to service requests
- Attention to details
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
What's on offer
- Responsibility and autonomy from day one in a challenging work environment
- a lot of variation! Our solutions cover the entire supply chain from automation in production to omnichannel, in-store process execution and are integrated with cutting-edge technologies
- Interaction with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- On-the-job training, possibility for a personalized development program
- An opportunity to specialize in a field that is quite exceptional in a very buoyant sector
- An attractive remuneration package, additional compensation and fringe benefits
How to Apply
Send your detailed resume and cover letter to HR@za.zetes.com