Zetes is an innovative Identification Solutions and Supply Chain Technology company.
We work with 80% of the Top 500 Supply Chain organisation across EMEA, to unlock greater potential through agility, visibility and traceability in their connected supply chain, enabling faster and more accurate process execution with real-time insight and control.
In 2017, Zetes was acquired by Panasonic Corporation, operating as an independent subsidiary, and accelerating its global growth.
With +1,200 supply chain solutions professionals, we deliver our solutions from more than 30 offices in over 20 countries with an outstanding local service and support.
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our Business Solutions Group in South Africa (Johannesburg Office).
The Business Analyst reports to the Business Consultant and will be working closely with the Application Development Team to write the specifications of software and ensure that the software delivered to the customers delivers on the business requirements and with the right level of quality, user experience and security in accordance with the Company standards.
You’ll work in a diverse environment, covering the entire spectrum of solutions within Zetes. You'll work alongside the client’s staff on each project, conducting functional requirement analysis, assisting with recommendation as well as preparing the implementation with the Project Manager. This includes facilitating working sessions with front-line and supervisors, connecting with and motivating the client team, or developing skills of team members when appropriate, principally through training.
Your main responsibilities as Business Analyst are:
- Assist the Business Consultant and Business Development Manager with identifying and scoping of customers’ needs and translate these into workflows and user cases.
- Draft Work Orders, Change Requests and Business Requirement Documents (BRD).
- Be the Functional Analyst for ZetesChronos Electronic Proof-of-Delivery and liaise with the Global Product Management Team
- Assist with solution demonstrations
- Responsible for the writing and sign-off of the Functional Design Specification document
- Assist with the drafting of the Technical Design Specification (TDS) and project Charter
- Responsible for the Functional Testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Responsible for the Super-User Training and Training Documentations
- Provide post go-live support and handholding to super-users during the transition phase
- Provide support to the internal Customer Success Team during the handover to Service Level Agreement and Operational Level Agreement.
- Contribute the Continuous Improvement of the Business Solutions Group
- Draft standard documentation and templates, for use by BSG and other internal teams
Common traits of those successful in this role are attention to details, integrity, a sharp analytical mind, creativity, self-motivated and the ability to engage and work with people across all levels in an organization.
Qualification & Experience
- Degree (Bachelor/Diploma) in IT, Engineering, Business Administration or Equivalent.
- Relevant Experience in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business Administration or Information Systems.
- Experience in projects related to ERP, WMS, TMS, WCS solutions preferable
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Business Analyst or Software Implementation Consultant role
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an IT organization with preferably exposure to external clients
- Fully computer literate (Android and Office365: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI is a plus).
- Basic knowledge of networking technologies and protocols
- Experience in working with relational databases and Cloud environment
- Some programming knowledge is a plus
- Team player with good interpersonal skills; able to work within a team and with customers
- Strong analytical, mathematical and fault-finding skills – ability to correctly identify the problem and find a solution
- Business acumen – ability to understand the commercial importance of the data and application
- Innovative in finding solutions to problems
- Self-motivated. Able to deal with tough problems in a challenging, sometime hostile environment without giving up
- Responsible/conscientious – ability to complete a task and understand the significance
- Integrity/honesty; you will be working with confidential information
- Must be able to work under pressure – Applications are generally mission critical, requiring rapid response to service requests
- Attention to details
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
What's on offer
- Responsibility and autonomy from day one in a challenging work environment
- a lot of variation! Our solutions cover the entire supply chain from automation in production to omnichannel, in-store process execution and are integrated with cutting-edge technologies
- Interaction with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- On-the-job training and the possibility for a personalized development program
- An opportunity to specialize in a field that is quite exceptional in a very buoyant sector
- An attractive remuneration package in line with your experience, additional compensation and fringe benefits
How to Apply
Send your detailed resume and cover letter to HR@za.zetes.com