We have a position for a DevOps engineer with a passion for all things ICT.
You and a team of application specialists and developers will create and manage a new full stack application environment from the ground up as well as incorporate the existing core infrastructure already in place today. You will be involved in most aspects of creating and extending the service portfolio to our customers and you will be involved in onboarding new customers on the infrastructure under your care.
Depending on you development skills in C or Java you can also participate in the development of software for internal use.
We offer an interesting work environment, a diverse team of professionals in a flat organization and the ability to learn new things through external training (Linux qualifications, ITIL certification, language training, …) and specialist equipment such as cryptographic hardware and long-term archival infrastructure. Professional training and certification in development, operating systems, ITIL, cryptography, etc. adapted to your interests are possible.
The team is based in two locations in the periphery of Brussels (Evere and Ruisbroek), both located close to the ring and to a train stations (resp. 2 minutes' and 12 minutes' walk to the office). You will work in both locations.
We offer a competitive remuneration package including with meal vouchers, health insurance, a company car, standby compensation and an annual performance bonus.
Your profile and mindset:
- You understand the value of collaboration between development and operations teams throughout all stages of the development lifecycle when creating and operating a service. You have experienced how important operations is in a service-oriented business.
- You have a broad interest in all things ICT and you want to be involved in the service lifecycle, from design through the development process to production support.
- You have worked in one or more of the following functions: DevOps engineer, systems engineer, system administrator, operations staff, application support, release engineer, DBA, network engineer, security professional, software developer, software release management, software testing etc.
- You are an active listener with an engineering mind-set. You like to work with developers, application specialists and service delivery specialists.
- You understand the importance of security and you are willing to work in close collaboration with our computer security team.
- You have experience with scripting and configuring technical tools for software deployment automation and platform configuration
- You can document the technical designs.
- You can manage roadmaps that support the long-term customer objectives and development process
- You understand what an agile development methodology is and have a basic understanding of database setups.
- You are familiar with high-availability setups and the concepts and processes for business continuity.
- You work closely with the development team and suppliers regarding the development, deployment and debugging of applications and infrastructure components.
- You gather non-functional development and support requirements and make sure these are reflected in the proposed end-to-end solutions that will be deployed in our infrastructure.
- You manage the roadmap and lifecycle of the application stack, the CD/CI pipelines and tooling, the service components, and the hosting platforms.
- You maintain the technical documentation for the infrastructure.
- You perform timely upgrading and patching.
- You define and help deliver instrumentation across the services, applications, components and platforms for capacity management, performance management and incident management.
- You participate in problem analysis across multiple application/component domains.
- You participate in a 24/7 standby regime.
We currently use the below list of tools and software but experience with equivalent tools is equally appreciated.
- Dell system management tools
- Ansible, Docker, rpm, Podman
- HA proxy
- RedHat Linux and Windows Server
- Scripting languages a.o. bash and Python
- Java application servers JBOSS and WildFly
- A variety of database setups
- MariaDB/MySQL (internal DB service)
- Postgresql (internal DB service)
- Oracle 12 (external database service)
- Cryptographic hardware from nCipher and Utimaco
Our internal working language is English. Language courses Dutch/French/English are possible.