Zetes is looking for a medior/senior Java backend developer to expand its software development team in Evere.
As part of the core software development team at Zetes People ID, the software solutions developed here are related to secure document production (passports, electronic ID cards, ...) and biometrics. We develop solutions to biometrically register and identify people. Collect and centralize all data in a big data-repository and use that source of data to issue those secure documents or use the collected data in a border control context.
Our solutions also include PKI-based Trust Services such as:
- document signing (electronic signatures) products,
- electronic timestamping,
- certificates delivery services.
The candidate is part of a reasonably sized team (+/- 50 people) consisting of several project teams.
Each team has an architect and analyst on-board and several front- and backend developers. The development teams are in the process of moving to a scrum based agile methodology.
Our solutions are written using java in the backend, based on spring boot, or using Jboss application servers.
Most of our (recent) frontends are web applications communicating over REST/HTTP with their backend services.
Our current frontend applications are based on reactjs, html5 and css technologies.
Most mobile developments are running on Android platform, less on iOS.
- Strong analytical skills,
- Good proficiency of Java (or even C#, C/C++),
- Experience in J2EE technologies and J2EE compatible application servers (EAP/Wildfly/Tomcat),
- Experience in using Spring frameworks (Spring boot, Spring Core, ...),
- Self-learning attitude, supported by a yearly training budget assigned to you,
- Experience designing and implementing WebAPIs (rest/soap),
- Affinity or experience with secure software development,
- Master/bachelor’s degree in computer science or an engineering degree.
- Good spoken and written knowledge of English is mandatory, as it is the internal working language,
- Knowledge of either (or both) the French or Dutch language is a plus.
The candidate must be open for occasional travel to African or Asian countries.
(We will never send our technical people to sensitive locations, the security of our people is of upmost importance)
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please send your resume to Koen.firstname.lastname@example.org