Role and job description:
The Team Leader will report into the BSG Applications Manager and will lead the software development team. Ensure the software delivered to the customers will be developed with the right level of quality and security in accordance with the Company standards. You’ll work in a diverse environment covering the various solution within Zetes Goods-ID. Your main responsibilities as team lead are:
- Resource planning in collaboration with the project manager and BSG application manager.
- Day to day mentoring of our software team including aligning on personal development strategies for individual team members, regular feedback sessions and annual performance reviews.
- Managing the continuous improvement process within the software product’s lifecycle
- Translate the corporate quality and security standards into clear guidelines for daily implementation
- Ensuring the right level of quality standards according to the companies policies
- Ensuring the right level of security according to the companies policies
- Ensuring the use of the right technologies
- Ensure the software is fully tested and documented
- To lead the development and lifetime maintenance of software products
- Report back to management on the progress of projects
- For some project you may be involved in the development yourself as a software developer
- Follow-up on training and development needs of the team
- Act as escalation point for software support issues
- Support the sales team in pre-sales activities to provide accurate estimations for new projects
- Define a roadmap towards Sustainable Software Engineering and translate this to daily implementations.
- Point of escalation for all software related issues.
Technical & General Qualifications
- Master's degree in in appropriate field of study
- Strong knowledge of C#, Xamarin, Cordova, python
- Knowledge of web technologies (ASP, ASP DotNet, …)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Azure, Application Insights
- Android: OS configuration (WiFi, Bluetooth and other settings). Knowledge of adb would be a plus.
- Source control knowledge: SVN + DevOps
- ITIL knowledge
- Strong knowledge and experience on cyber security
- Knowledge on Sustainable Software Engineering or willing to learn
- Understanding of database structures
- Write (complex) DML queries in T-SQL.
- MSSQL and/or Oracle database administration (backup/restore, tracing, profiling...).
- Understand REST API communication flows, testing (Postman,...),and data structures (JSON/XML)
- Network concepts: TCP/IP, SSL, HTTP, HTTPS, Wireless protocols (4/5G, WiFi, GPS, ...), network topologies and schemes.
- Network tracing software: Wireshark, Fiddler
- Windows OS 2012/2016/2019 general knowledge (services, access rights, windows firewall config, command line tool / Powershell, ... ).
- Knowledge about Microsoft IIS configuration, setup and debugging.
- A problem solver resistant to stress and customer pressure.
- Strong communication skills.
- Eager to understand and learn
- Willing to learn about exotic technologies such as MCL
- Experience with Scrum methodology within software development
- Languages: Dutch, French and English
- A positive can-do attitude and a good sense of humor.
- Responsibility and autonomy from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team
- A full-time job and perm contract
- Offices at 1130 Brussels and working near to Bordet train station
- Work within an enthusiastic team
- Continuous learning in the market of Automatic Identification/Goods-ID
- Attractive remuneration package in line with your experience and an additional compensation and fringe benefit plan, inclusive a company car.
More information about Zetes on www.zetes.com/en
If you are fascinated by this challenging opportunity, please send your application letter and cv to the HR director : firstname.lastname@example.org