Role and job description
As a functional analyst you’ll report to the BSG applications manager. Within the context of a complex environment an various solutions you will be responsible to translate the business requirements and the end-user needs into a detailed functional design. Your main responsibilities as Functional Analyst are:
- Translating the business needs into a functional design.
- In alignment with the development team incorporate a basic level of technical design into the functional analysis.
- Gather all necessary information from external and internal stakeholders to capture all requirements and risks, define the integration flows.
- Define all configurations of the applications based on the customer’s functional requirements.
- Challenge the business consultants and customer where necessary.
- You’ll be responsible to define in detail the data communication flows between the different systems and environments
- You’ll analyze bugs and data quality issues of existing and new applications and define proposals how to solve these.
- Ensure a proper hand-over to the development team and project management team
- Give support where needed during the development life-cycle and project implementation.
- Set-up all test scenario’s and prepare documentation for support. You’ll participate in regression testing of new versions.
- Contribute to the development of reports and dashboards
- Contribute to define monitoring tools on the data flows
- You’ll be the point of contact within the projects you work on for analytical questions
- You’ll support the BSG applications manager, the business consultants, and the sales team during the pre-sales cycles.
- You have a master’s degree in a relevant field of study or equivalent through experience
- You have at least 3 years’ experience as a functional analyst in a complex environment.
- You have experience designing IT applications and you are familiar with data flows and integrations between systems.
- You have experience in Agile project methodology
- Willing to learn about the Zetes solutions from a software and hardware perspective (printers, handheld devices, scanners, RFID, Voice-picking…)
- You are able to identify the needs of the customers.
- You are critical and conceptually, you have strong analytical skills
- You work accurately.
- You are stress resistant, assertive and take initiative.
- You are fluent in oral and written communication, both to customers and to the team of developers.
- You are a true team player.
- You have a high sense of responsibility and are able to independently tackle assignments.
- You are result driven with an eye for risk and quality.
- You are inquisitive and highly interested in IT.
- Experience in supply chain solutions is a plus
- A positive can-do attitude and a good sense of humor
Good knowledge of Dutch/French/English
You are willing to travel occasionally
- A high level of autonomy
- A full-time job in the ZETES office in 1130 Brussels
- Continuous learning in the market of GoodsID (AIDC_ Identifying, Tracking &Tracing of Goods)
- Attending relevant seminars and specific training courses
- Work within a dynamic international team experienced with large-scale projects
- An attractive remuneration package in-line with your experience, Fringe Benefits & Company Car
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please send your application letter and cv to the HR director : email@example.com