Zetes, part of the Panasonic Group, is an international Group with about 30 companies in 17 countries, specialized in the provision of identification and mobility solutions. By using the latest technologies, Zetes enables its customers to improve the speed and quality of their process execution and increase data accuracy, which in turn helps them to remain at the forefront of their industries. Zetes transforms the way modern supply chains collaborate. Its process optimization solutions for packaging, storage, proof of delivery, sales force automation, direct store services and store management allow large companies to implement end-to-end tracking and tracing of goods, from production to the end user.
As a leader in the identification and authentication industry, Zetes is running several ID-related contracts on different continents and issued more than 40 million e-documents over the past 15 years. Zetes is a trusted partner guaranteeing perfect life cycle management of all its solutions. The Belgian eID, e-passport and driving license contracts are some of the most known contracts.
To support its future development, Zetes Industries is looking for an
EMEA LEGAL & COMPLIANCE COUNSEL
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented lawyer to join Zetes legal department as an in-house counsel for the EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) region, advising the company on a wide range of corporate and commercial legal matters. The role will be based in the Zetes’ Brussels office and report to the Zetes Head of Legal and Compliance and be part of Panasonic Europe’s Legal team. The role will also closely collaborate with the Zetes DPO.
- Primarily responsible for the company’s corporate housekeeping and management of the Intellectual Property portfolio.
- Providing business-oriented advice in connection with data protection, commercial, corporate, regulatory and contract management matters.
- Drafting, revising and negotiating complex commercial contracts (software agreements, maintenance agreements, consultancy agreements, …) and advice on tenders with clients and suppliers.
- Ensure EMEA management and employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies and existing company policies and procedures are being followed. Ensure good communication to employees across Europe as well as assist with the implementation of Panasonic Europe policies, guidelines and control measures in collaboration with local business units in Europe and Africa.
- Proactively identify data protection risks areas within the company, helping developing and implementing policies to minimize these as well as preparing various templates and privacy related documentation for compliance activities.
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies, including evaluating the efficiency of control.
- Collaborate with the Panasonic Ethics and Compliance team in implementing compliance trainings and to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations, including on internal investigation and audits.
Qualifications / Profile
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- European Master of Laws degree (preferably obtained in Belgium)
- Fluent in English, French and Dutch; additional languages (Spanish) are a plus
- 3 to 8 years of post-qualification experience in legal matters, ideally gained (partly) in an in-house counsel role; including relevant international legal experience
- IP, data protection, technology experience a plus
- Collaborative and proactive nature
- Excellent communications and negotiation skills
- Flexible and open to occasional travel
- Intellectually challenging and dynamic job in a fast-moving business environment
- Closely work together with the business and with the possibility of enjoying a high level of autonomy in organizing your work, whilst being able to seek the advice and counsel from the Head of Legal and collaborate with other Panasonic legal team members
- Flexible, appreciative and enjoyable work environment
- A full-time job in the ZETES office in 1130 Brussels (North side near NATO offices and close to Bordet Railway station)
- High level of autonomy
- Development opportunities
- Attractive salary (depending on the level of experience) and bonus depending on qualitative objectives and criteria.
- Company car
- Additionally an extensive benefit and compensation plan : multiple group insurances and other extra-legal advantages.
You feel attracted?
Send your CV and motivation letter to our HR department to the attention of email@example.com