About the Role
The Business Consultant is a customer-focused technical professional who provides detailed support and guidance to customers and prospects. The BC collaborates with sales, partners and customers and is looked to as an expert in her/his field. The successful candidate will be required to work closely with direct sales on large and complex accounts in order to establish requirements, educate prospective customers.
The role includes conference calls, site visits, presentations, technical evaluations, technical objection handling, consulting & follow up on all customer related issues. The BC is a consultant who designs, develops and delivers technical & functional solutions to business requirements.
You Will Be Responsible For
Supporting the different Sales Managers for technical & functional design. Being the “trusted advisor” in the sales cycles
- Specialising in communicating product features and corresponding benefits as well as application of the product to a specific market and / or account.
- Working closely with customers in the design and implementation/integration of the packaging execution solution.
- Support existing customers in their technical requirements and services support
- Deliver consulting expertise to improve a customer’s site or service
- Assist customers with planning, engineering and drafting technical requirements.
- Preparing, coordinating and conducting successful presentations and demos.
- Writing the scope of work for demos and field trials.
- Ensuring customer’s technical expectations meet the product’s capability.
- Providing the technical & functional sections in RFI/RFP/RFQs responses.
- Reviewing and providing content and polish to RFI/RFP/RFQ responses.
- Ensuring responses include network diagram applications, technical & functional benefit statements, and overall technical & functional accuracy.
- Providing business information about the solutions (post sales consultancy).
- Collecting and building competitive analysis and product comparison feedback.
- Providing feedback on market trends, customer requirements and market intelligence to the products managers and management.
- Ensuring proper reporting to the manager: weekly reports, detailed trip reports etc.
Essential skills and attributes
- Strong experience in the packaging or manufacturing markets as Presales and/or Product manager with a focus on production auto-ID, print & apply or product marking/serialisation.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Strong client orientation, able to provide appropriate solutions and services.
- Comfortable being part of a team and working with several stakeholders to achieve common goals.
- Proven cross-cultural communication, able to work effectively in an international and multi-cultural environment.
- Help the business meet and exceed its sales targets
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Significant experience of working within in a Solutions Engineering role and of working within a commercial environment.
- Exceptional English language written and oral communication skills. This role requires an ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical & functional advantages of the solutions.
In return for your commitment, we offer an extensive benefits package as well as excellent training and development opportunities.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
Competitive base salary plus car allowance, fuel card and other standard benefits (PMI, Pension, Life Insurance etc).
Horizon, Honey Lane, Hurley
SL6 6RJ Maidenhead