Zetes is a market-leading international group specialized in the development of software products and solutions for automatic identification of goods (Goods ID) and people (People ID). The company’s sophisticated solutions are both mature and innovative platforms using barcoding, voice, RFID, imaging, print & apply and biometrics technologies.
Established in 1984 with headquarters in Brussels-Haren (Belgium), the company has grown both organically and through acquisitions, currently resorting subsidiaries in 20 countries worldwide. It employs a continuously growing work force of 1,200 dedicated staff and is a successful and financially stable organization quoted on the Euronext Stock Exchange in Brussels.
The Zetes Goods ID unit creates and delivers goods identification solutions for several applications: manufacturing work in process, warehouse picking, retail price management, work order planning, transport freight management, mobile sales proof of delivery,… in different industries (transport & logistics, retail, utilities, healthcare).
For the software engineering team that designs, develops, integrates and supports the customers’ Goods ID business systems, we are looking for a Medior / Senior .NET Developer.
As a Medior .NET Developer, you will successfully use your .NET experience in innovative projects and share your knowledge with the software development team. You will focus on persistently exceeding customer expectations and meeting the needs of the business.
- Focus on the development of new applications and improvement/maintenance of existing applications
- Translate functional analysis into technical analysis
- Assist the analyst in validation of technical specifications
- Fix bugs in 2nd-line level & provide technical support to junior developers
- Test programs to ensure that the desired improvements & adaptations are met
- Set up technical documentation & verify documentation of junior developers
- Suggest & deliver improvements to development methods & work procedures
- Keep up with new technologies and apply them in innovative ways
- Find the appropriate balance between contributing to system analysis, design and deployment
In this role, you will be part of the Software Development team and you will be reporting directly to the Application Manager. Representing an integral part of a larger European application engineering structure will require limited travelling.
- Bachelor/Master degree Information Technology or similar
- Proven experience in system development life-cycle (SDLC): planning, analysis, design, development, integration, testing, deployment
- Proven experience in managing demanding and concurrent software deployment projects
- First experience in software development standards and methodologies (Agile, Scrum, test-driven development)
- Previous experience in engineering/deployment of supply chain solutions is a major asset
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Dutch, French
- Stress resistant and able to cope with the pressure of a revenue-driven business model
- Become part of a successful market leader that is growing and financially healthy
- Work on the edge of new technologies & trendsetting innovations
- Continuous learning opportunities and possibility to attend seminars and training courses
- High level of autonomy & responsibility, an opportunity to coach an established team of industry solution experts
- Multiplatform, multi-technology solution environments, broad exposure in various industries
- An attractive remuneration package in line with your experience
How to contact your future employer
If this challenging opportunity seems to be yours, we would like you to convince us by sending your curriculum as well as your application and motivation letter to the HR director: email@example.com.
Rue de Strasbourg, 3